Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow ,Silence and God!

I anticipated a wonderful weekend where I absolutely wanted to finish writing my cards and wrap some gifts. I thought I might be able to do a late night walk at the mall and sip a cup of coffee and maybe look for a handbag that I really do need. Hopefully, I thought maybe I could get a real deal on a good bag.

However, for the past two days I have been in my house due to a snow storm that has hit the Northeast. The only time I got out was on Saturday when I had to move my car when the plow man came and to attend the 4 pm mass at Saint Luke's. As I write the snow is still falling gently.

Although I was disappointed I could not go to the mall, I was able to write my cards and wrap some gifts. I also did so many other things that did my soul good! I made Christmas calls to most of my elderly relatives whom otherwise would get a card. They were thrilled to hear my voice and chat. I called some of my old work friends and supervisors that I have been thinking of and wanting to hear their voices (we laughed a lot about the old days). I had a chance to tidy up my desk in my Spirit Room and do my calender for 2009 . I relaxed with the Lord and prayed in silence as still as it was thanking God for all the blessings in my life especially this wonderful day to just 'be'. I listened to Christmas Carols and looked for a Pecan Breakfast Bread recipe that I will make tomorrow. Took a nice hot relaxing bath and manicured my nails. Needless to say it was a wonderful God weekend amidst the quiet and the purity of the falling snow. God was very present in all my activities. I could almost hear him say - slow down Paula - what's the rush? Let's enjoy one another! Indeed, how sweet it was!

I will not post another blog until after the new year. Hopefully, I will have some photos on the blog. I am also happy to say that my blog can also be accessed through a nunslife.org blog.

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! God Bless!

3 comments:

Sister Paula said...

Thanks for the affirmation and for reading my blog,gooooooood girl. Do you have any thoughts that you might like to share with our bloggers?

Anonymous said...

WHY pay full price at a mall. Go to E-Bay and type in :leather handbag - new....you will see wonderful buys.

Sister Paula said...

Hi! Thought I would check in a little today. In reply to Anonymous.... I got a real good deal on a bag at the mall...the bag was originally $90 and I got it for $31 - not too bad! Thanks for the tip about E-BAY. I never pay full price for anything! Living on a sister's budget you do have to make choices. I need sneakers next. Have you shopped at Zappos.com? Let me know. Happy New Year!