Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let's Talk

The hype is on, the momentum is running high! In less than two weeks we will have a new president. The mementos and souvenirs of this historic event are already in play. Even the home shopping channel QVC had a full hour dedicated to the presidential memorabilia. Seems like the country can't wait. Do you think we will be asking too much of him, too soon? Seems to me that is what we are doing.

I have been thinking of all of this. Our country, the economy, the world at large. Our young nation,the USA falling to its knees. I never dreamed I would see these days be so bad. I have been through some rough times, layoffs, but not this bad. Although, it did not happen all at once. It is a culmulation of a lot of things through many years and decades and now the young preseident-elect Obama has it all to contend with. I think he has a good balanced cabinent and a lot of good people that will surround him and advise him. He is inclusive of both Democrats and Republicans and that's what I like about him. Building those bridges towards collaboration and to peace. I believe it can be done. I stand united with the people of this country to support the efforts of our new president. Times might even get tougher but we continue to trust and walk in faith that God makes all things new. We will have a brighter future for our younger generation to take hold of. I believe that and I have hope that the light will dispel all of our fears and anxieties. I am going to enjoy the inaugration events - what about you?

No comments: